The current building dates back to the 1860s although a pub was there earlier. In 1853, the original 17 century building was listed as the ‘Elephant Wine and Spirit Vaults and Slate Billiard Rooms’. The building was demolished in 1863 and rebuilt after the street it is situated on was widened.
This photo is copyrighted and cannot be used without permission. For licensing information, please contact us.